Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law
Jeff Flake (AZ)Chairman
Jurisdiction of the Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law includes:
- Oversight of laws and policies governing the collection, protection, use and dissemination of commercial information by the private sector, including online behavioral advertising, privacy within social networking websites and other online privacy issues
- Enforcement and implementation of commercial information privacy laws and policies
- Use of technology by the private sector to protect privacy, enhance transparency and encourage innovation
- Privacy standards for the collection, retention, use and dissemination of personally identifiable commercial information
- Privacy implications of new or emerging technologies.