Subcommittee on Border Security and Immigration
Dick Durbin (IL)Chair
Jurisdiction of the Subcommittee on Border Security and Immigration includes:
- Immigration, citizenship, and refugee laws
- Oversight of the immigration functions of the Department of Homeland Security, including U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and Ombudsman Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Oversight of the immigration-related functions of the Department of Justice, the Department of State, the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Refugee Resettlement, and the Department of Labor
- Oversight of international migration, internally displaced persons, and refugee laws and policy
- Private immigration relief bills.