On January 6, 2014, the President again nominated John P. Carlin to be Assistant Attorney General of the National Security Division for the U.S. Department of Justice. A hearing to consider the nomination was held on January 8, 2014. The nomination was reported by the Committee on February 6, 2014.
Committee Questionnaire and Related Materials
Letters Received in Connection with the Nomination
- October 27, 2013 - Michael Morrell, Deputy Director, CIA, Retired
- December 13, 2013 - Former Colleagues
- December 18, 2013 - Philip B. Heymann, Professor, Harvard Law School
- December 18, 2013 - Timothy Murphy, Former Deputy Director, FBI
- December 20, 2013 - Stephen I. Vladeck, Professor and Associate Dean, American University Washington College of Law
- January 3, 2014 - J. Patrick Rowan, Former Assistant Attorney General for National Security
- January 7, 2014 - Mary B. DeRosa, Distinguished Visitor from Practice, Georgetown Law
Lisa O. Monaco nomination materials are available here.