Assistant Attorney General Kathryn Keneally was confirmed on March 29, 2012. A hearing to consider the nomination was held on November 16, 2011. An archived webcast is available. The nomination was reported by the Committee on December 8, 2011.
- Committee Questionnaire and Related Materials
- Responses to Questions Submitted for the Record
- Letters Received in Connection with the Nomination
- Question 12A - Books, Articles, Reports, Letters to the Editor, Editorial Pieces, Other Published Material
- Question 12B - Reports, Memoranda, Policy Statements
- Question 12C - Testimony, Official Statements, Other Communications Relating to Matters of Public Policy or Legal Interpretation
- Question 12D - Speeches, Talks, Commencement Speeches, Remarks, Lectures, Panel Discussions, Conferences, Political Speeches, Question-and-Answer Sessions
- Question 12E - Interviews
- Question 17 - Teaching
- Questions for the Record: Ranking Member Chuck Grassley
- Questions for the Record: Senator Tom Coburn
- Questions for the Record: Senator Carl Levin
- September 28, 2011 - Joint Letter [Stuart E. Abrams; Frank Agostino; David D. Aughtry; David F. Axelrod; Stanley Blend; Megan L. Brackney; Thomas Callahan; Larry A. Campagna; Caroline Ciraolo; John M. Colvin; Ian M. Comisky; Elizabeth Copeland; Thomas A. Cullinan; Michael J. Desmond; Charles H. Egerton; Niles Elber; W. Curtis Elliott, Jr.; Diana Erbsen; Lawrence S. Feld; Robert S. Fink; Miriam L. Fisher; Gersham Goldstein; Armando Gomez; Robin L. Greenhouse; Darrell D. Hallett; Lawrence M. Hill; Lawrence S. Horn; Jenny Johnson; Barbara T. Kaplan; Robert E. McKenzie; Charles M. Meadows, Jr.; Fred Murray; Scott D. Michel; Charles J. Muller; Jeffrey A. Neiman; Kathleen Pakenham; William M. Paul; Dennis L. Perez; H. James Pickerstein; Cary D. Pugh; Ellis Remmer; Charles P. Rettig; Christopher S. Rizek; Edward M. Robbins, Jr.; Avram Salkin; Richard J. Sapinski; Martin A. Schainbaum; Bryan Skarlatos; Jasper G. Taylor, III; Justine A. Thornton; Steven Toscher; Josh Ungerman; Todd Welty; Thomas E. Zehnle]
- September 28, 2011 - Joint Letter [Loretta C. Argrett; James A. Bruton III; Mortimer M. Caplin; N. Jerold Cohen; Michael C. Durney; Gerald A. Feffer; Lawrence Gibbs; Kenneth W. Gideon; Fred T. Goldberg, Jr.; Nathan J. Hochman; Paula M. Junghans; Mark E. Matthews; Cono R. Namorato; Eileen J. O'Connor; Roger M. Olsen; Pamela F. Olson; Emily A. Parker; B. John Williams, Jr.]
Mary Smith nomination materials are available here.