Assistant Attorney General Virginia A. Seitz was confirmed on June 28, 2011. A hearing to consider the nomination was held on March 30, 2011. An archived webcast is available. The nomination was reported by the Committee on May 9, 2011.
A transcript of the hearing, including the Committee Questionnaire, responses to questions submitted for the record, and letters received in connection with the nomination, is available through the Government Printing Office.
- March 29, 2011 - Jay Jorgensen, Sidley Austin LLP
- March 15, 2011 - Joint Letter [David J. Barron; Michelle E. Boardman; Steven G. Bradbury; Michael A. Carvin; Walter E. Dellinger; John P. Elwood; Steven A. Engel; Timothy E. Flanigan; Noel J. Francisco; Jack L. Goldsmith; Joseph R. Guerra; Vicki C. Jackson; Dawn E. Johnsen; Joan L. Larsen; Martin S. Lederman; David G. Leitch; Renee Lerner; Randolph D. Moss; Beth Nolan; Theodore B. Olson; Elizabeth P. Papez; Cornelia T.L. Pillard; Jeannie S. Rhee; Teresa Wynn Roseborough; William M. Treanor]
- February 28, 2011 - C. Frederick Beckner III, Sidley Austin LLP
- February 24, 2011 - National Women's Law Center
- February 11, 2011 - National Chamber Litigation Center
- February 11, 2011 - Maureen Mahoney, Latham & Watkins, LLP
- February 10, 2011 - Michael A. Carvin, Jones Day
- February 9, 2011 - Lee Liberman Otis
- February 9, 2011 - Peter D. Keisler, Sidley Austin LLP
- February 7, 2011 - Gordon D. Todd, Sidley Austin LLP
- February 7, 2011 - Glen Nagler, Jones Day
- February 7, 2011 - Richard Klingler, Sidley Austin LLP
- February 3, 2011 - Bradford A. Berenson, Sidley Austin LLP
- February 1, 2011 - Brian Fitzpatrick, Associate Law Professor, Vanderbilt Law School
- January 14, 2011 - Carter G. Phillips, Managing Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- January 12, 2011 - Christopher Landau, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Dawn Johnsen nomination materials are available here.