Director Alejandro Mayorkas was confirmed on August 7, 2009, to lead the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. A hearing to consider his nomination was held on June 24, 2009. On July 28, 2009, the Judiciary Committee ordered the nomination reported to the Senate for consideration.
A transcript of the hearing, including the Committee Questionnaire, responses to questions submitted for the record, and letters received in connection with the nomination, is available through the Government Printing Office. Attachments to the Committee Questionnaire are available upon request.
- June 22, 2009 - Michele M. Leonhart, Acting Administrator, Drug Enforcement Administration
- June 22, 2009 - Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association
- June 19, 2009 - National Fraternal Order of Police
- June 17, 2009 - Leroy D. Baca, Sheriff, County of Los Angeles
- June 15, 2009 - James V. DeSarno, Jr., Assistant Director, FBI (Ret.)
- June 10, 2009 - George Gascon, Chief of Police, Mesa, Arizona
- June 10, 2009 - Robert Bonner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- June 9, 2009 - Sergio G. Diaz, Deputy Chief, Commanding Officer, Operations-Central Bureau, Los Angeles Police Department
- June 5, 2009 - Ronald L. Iden, Senior Vice President, Chief Security Officer, The Walt Disney Company; former Special Agent in Charge of Los Angeles FBI's Counterterrorism and Counterintelligence Programs
- June 4, 2009 - Steve Cooley, Los Angeles County District Attorney