Deputy Director A. Thomas McLellan was confirmed on August 7, 2009. A hearing to consider his nomination was held on June 24, 2009. On July 28, 2009, the Judiciary Committee ordered the nomination reported to the Senate for consideration.
A transcript of the hearing, including the Committee Questionnaire, responses to questions submitted for the record, and letters received in connection with the nomination is available through the Government Printing Office.
- July 9, 2009 - American Psychological Association
- July 8, 2009 - American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- June 21, 2009 - Jeffrey N. Kushner, Statewide Drug Court Administrator, The Supreme Court of Montana
- June 10, 2009 - Partnership for a Drug Free America
- May 29, 2009 - Melody M. Heaps, President, Treatment Alternatives for Safe Communities
- May 25, 2009 - Charles O'Keeffe, Professor of Epidemiology and Community Health, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
- May 20, 2009 - National Families in Action
- May 17, 2009 - Sushma D. Taylor, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Center Point, Inc.
- May 14, 2009 - National Association of Drug Court Professionals
- May 13, 2009 - Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America
- May 12, 2009 - Integrity House
- May 7, 2009 - National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors, Inc.
- May 6, 2009 - Barry R. McCaffrey, General, USA (Ret.), former Director, Office of National Drug Control Policy
- May 6, 2009 - Philip B. Heymann, Harvard Law School, James Barr Ames Professor of Law, Director of Center for International Criminal Justice
- April 13, 2009 - American Psychological Association